- 2 pieces of wood (approximately 6 inches/15 cm square and 1/4 inch/1cm thick) with a
hole drilled in all 4 corners of each piece
- paints, paintbrushes or felts and glue
- 4 screws (approximately 4 inches/10 cm long)
- 4 wing nuts
- 10 - 12 cardboard pieces (approximately 6 inches/15 cm square but with all 4 corners cut off so the screws can connect the 2 wooden pieces without going through the cardboard)
- Wax type paper (same size and shape a cardboard pieces) - 2 to go in each space between cardboard pieces
- assortment of flowers to press
- Decorate one side of each of the wooden pieces with paints or felts.
- Put 4 screws into one wooden board and place the board flat with the screws facing up.
- Print off and color the butterfly, robin or flower (available soon) and then glue the picture onto the
wood or paint/color and design your own picture to put on the outside of your flower press.
- Put a cardboard piece onto the the press. It fits snugly between the screws.
- Put one piece of wax type paper on the cardboard.
- Put the flowers on the wax paper.
- Cover the flowers with the other piece of wax type paper and put the scond piece of cardboard on top of the wax type paper.
- Line up the holes in the second wooden press, with the screws, and let it slide down until it rests on the top cardboard.
- Put on the wing nuts
- Screw in each wing nut tight but not too tight.
- Wait a few weeks and then take the press apart carefully. The lowers will be pressed flat.