- lion's face template
- blank piece of orange construction paper
- blank piece of yellow construction paper
- paper plate
- black felt pen
- stapler, glue or tape (optional- see step 3b)
- other coloured paper (optional- see step 4)
- Take the orange construction paper and lay it in front of you. Then take a paper plate and lay it upside down on top of the orange paper.
- With the black felt pen, draw around the paper plate to make a circle on orange paper. Cut out the circle.
- Create the mane of the lion by:
- cut short slits (about 4 cm/2in. deep) all around the edge of the circle.
- make longer strips and staple, glue or tape around the edge of the circle. Then take the edge of your scissors and pull along each strip to curl the paper mane. Set the mane aside.
- With the printed off template and the yellow paper, trace the outline of the lion's face onto the yellow paper. Draw in eyes, nose, mouth & whiskers (or glue them on with different coloured paper).
- Glue the back of the lion's face to the orange mane. With your scissors curl the strips of the mane forward.
- Now you have a lion mask!